Tuesday, November 8, 2011

22 months and counting

Michelle Duggar is pregnant.  Again.  I'm on month 22 of trying to have one baby and she's pregnant with her 20th.  There is something seriously wrong with that.  I'm pro-choice so if she wants to have all those babies and can support them and love them all then good for her.  The wrongness comes from my body's inability to do something hers has done so many many times.

Before my battle with infertility I regarded the Duggars much the same way I view the Browns of Sister Wives.  I don't understand the choices they make but I'm fascinated by how they make it work so I watch.  Now I can't stomach the Duggars any more.  A lot of it is the syrupy sweetness that comes from unquestioningly devoted religious beliefs.  Now it's like Michelle Duggar is rubbing her fertility in my face and calling it a blessing from god.  I know she probably prays for people like me every day and doesn't get pregnant again and again just to spite infertiles, but at this point it certainly feels that way.

Do you ever wonder what her stomach looks like?  And if sex is even pleasurable for her anymore?    Do you wonder if she has the world's strongest kegel muscles or if she just wears a poise pad and hopes for the best?  Do you wonder if days go by when she doesn't even say two words to one of her kids because she's so busy taking care of all the others?  Do you wonder if she likes her hairstyle and her denim skirts or if she'd ever like a change?  Do you wonder if she wishes this life for her daughters?  Do you think she ever secretly contemplates going on the pill?  Do you think she even feels labor pains anymore or does she have it down to such a science that the babies just slide right out?  Does she ever tell Jim Bob "Not tonight honey, I have a headache/sore vaj/sore boobs/19 kids already/the elastic's shot in my vagina?"   

I have wondered all these things and many more.  Nowadays I just wonder why the universe sees fit to give her 20 babies and leaves me hangin' month after month. 


5 comments:

eggceptionalblues said...

It's bullshit man, total bullshit. :) And there is no way in hell she enjoys those home made denim skirts, no woman in her right mind could enjoy that. How about a little self expression for you and your children?!? Oh wait, which one are you again? I wonder if she ever forgets their names, she has to call them by the wrong name regularly....

NewYearMum2.blogspot.com said...

Wow... 20 babies !! When I last heard (here in Australia we're probably far behind on), she had 15 or so... not sure about how this works either. FXd for you xoxo

The Cornfed Feminist said...

Denim skirts do not flatter anyone. And I guess Australian tv is behind. :) When I was there in March I watched a labiaplasty on tv. Very interesting. Ironically enough I can imagine it's about what Michelle Duggar's labia looks like . . . sorry Michelle, I can't help it!

Her Royal Fabulousness said...

I constantly wonder these things. I also wonder if her children secretly hate her.

The Cornfed Feminist said...

Me too!